Sourdough Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1¾ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups sourdough discard or active starter
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 7 oz milk chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 350°F
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and oats.
In another bowl, beat together butter and sugars for about 1-2 minutes.
Add the eggs, vanilla, starter and beat again until combined.
Finally, add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips until combined.
Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Roll out balls onto on a baking sheet and press down firmly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until preferred doneness.
- Optional: sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
Transfer to a wire rack and leave till cooled.
*For chocolate cookies, follow the above recipe but add 2/3 cups of cocoa powder and omit 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour and replace the dark and milk chocolate for white chocolate.
Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
1¾ cups heavy cream
1¼ cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean lengthwise
Optional: a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, & cloves
1. Combine all ingredients and whisk together well.
2. Add to a ice cream maker and follow according to instructions. Enjoy!