Ballerina Farm Pumpkin Chili
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Large Pumpkin
- ¼ c olive oil or butter
- 2 carrots sliced thinly
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 pounds ballerina farm ground beef
- 3 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 TBS cumin
- 2 TBS smoked or regular paprika
- 1 TBS oregano
- Pinch or more of red pepper flakes 20 ounces tomato sauce or 2 ½ cups fresh tomato puree
- 2 cups beef broth (add more if needed)
- 3 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cans kidney beans
- 3 tsp salt + more to taste
Cut and clean out the pumpkin and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Chop the onions and vegetables and set aside. Add the chopped onions to the olive oil.
Cook on low for 10 minutes or until translucent. Add the carrots, zucchini, and bell pepper and cook until tender.
Raise the heat and add the beef to same skillet or separate skillet if there is not enough room. Cook beef about 10 minutes until no longer pink. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until mixture starts to simmer.
- Add the mixture to the inside of the pumpkin. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Enjoy! 🎃
*In this video I didn’t cook my vegetables before baking them