Ballerina Farm Bone Broth
- 6-8 beef bones (I used a mix or marrow bones and knuckle bones)
- 1 beef soup bone
- 5 large carrots (keep the greens)
- 2 onions quartered
- 8 stalks celery
- 1/4 c peppercorns
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- Fresh herbs ( I used basil, parsley, mint, sage and thyme).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Chop vegetables and place all vegetables and bones on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and bones to two pots or one large pot. Scrape up any remaining pieces and juices from the cookie sheet and place in the pots. Cover the vegetables and bones with water so all are submerged. Add the peppercorns, herbs, cinnamon sticks, apple cider vinegar and sprinkle with salt again.
- *Use approximately 12 cups water or enough so all vegetables and bones are covered and submerged. Bring to a low boil. Ideally, you want the broth to simmer for 24 hours.
- After the 24 hour simmer, strain the bones through a fine mesh strainer and then again through a cheese cloth. Transfer to the refrigerator for approximately 5 days or more. You can also freeze for up to 6 months. Enjoy!